Popular Posts

Friday, November 16, 2007

- Open Book ?



-let's just say that I know your starving to death! Let's also say that as best friends and life long pals we have, and would continue to share everything! ((this point being beyond reproach)). I've been given a brief glimpse into the future and can help to change your life forever by giving you the "Winning Lottery Numbers". Knowing that I have everything I could ever dream of; save, the knowledge that you, my closest and dearest friend, have been cared for; what should I do?

Please spare me the philosophical B.S. about, "Money Changing a Person". "The Friendship Would Never Last". I'm simply trying to present a scenario, where in, a person with significant knowledge, has the opportunity to provide another with information that may or may not deeply impact ones life. Simply put; If I had a single piece of information that may save you from making the worst decision of your life, or conversely allow you to see a path far better. Am I in debted to you? Must I share this information? Are we otherwise; expected to allow someone we love to try, fail, and make their own mistakes? The argument persists ... You see, my pretties there are so many situations where this becomes a paramount question. A Dear friend is dating a dick, someone who really blows, if ya know what I mean. "The Village Bicycle" for lack of a better term, do you; but in? Maybe it's a female friend, you know the guy she's with keeps his "options open"; yet is leading her to believe otherwise, you can even prove it. Does friendship dictate you inform or mind your P's & Q's ? Someone you deeply care for is Glaringly, Obviously headed down the wrong path with some of the worst people. Do you talk with their parents, a guidance counsellor, or simply confront him/her; then follow up with one or both of the former? There are an endless number we could look at here, yet the dilemma is always the same, and I believe my boys were taught this basic principle in kindergarten, "If someone is on track to hurt themselves or another, we are absolutely obligated to intervene". Anything else is tattling or meddling. I bring this up, and genuinely seek your input people, for one reason. I have had my parenting skills called into question. I'm no saint! Yet Sara and I have sought help and direction from others including Parents, Sisters, Brothers-in-Law, Aunts, Uncles add infinitum. As a couple drowning in a sea of estrogen, I mean we have the first "multiple males" in something like three generations. Girls and daughters back as far as anyone can remember ... We are both convinced we need constant direction with the raising of our boys. We have not expected anyone to raise them for us, and we've not had too many "vacations", but allow me to assure you that with regard to questions, we are not afraid to ask, day or night, 24/7. The phone will ring, and we will seek input, as parental sponges, we require knowledge to move forward. Unfortunately, this also opens us up to criticism. If you've read anything so far you'll be aware that I have a history. With this Knowledge, and my experience in Recovery, am I not indebted to share with my children, the "Winning Lottery Numbers". Anything less would be setting them up for failure. I was blessed, I've been rewarded with a second chance at life. I'm required by sheer conscience, to inform, with love, anything, at anytime, I possibly can. I can only pray that given the information, and every tool I can arm them with, They Will Play Them When The Time Comes. Love, S.

No comments:

- A Little More About, "Who Am I? ...

- All my other stuff ...