Popular Posts

Monday, November 12, 2007

- Love is a decision ...


- so, if everything I heard last night is true, and an absolute matter of fact, than the last fourteen plus years of my life have been whittled down to three basic facts, 1- outside pressure and influence, 2- no one person has the ability to see past the surface and therefore all people must be as shallow as the rain puddle in my laneway, and 3'rd- fear of the unknown must control each aspect of our existence, and no one person possesses the ability to overcome adversity in their lives. If this is where it turns for me people then I say, God Help Us All !!!

- You see, some many years ago I learned a rather unknown, yet basic and undeniable truth. Love; my friends, is a decision, we must make each and every day. Anything less is walking away, throwing in the proverbial towel, quitting and just plain giving up. It means we quit on those that have meant the most to us, we walk out on those that have been willing to carry us while we are down, we make the conscious decision to give up on the very people who would otherwise be willing to see us through each and every painful moment of our lives. Love and relationship is not the disposable, throwaway thing that Vegas would have us believe, no let me direct you thus. If this is the day that I finally say, hello single world, than it will be at someone else's hand. I Do Not Quit On Those I Love. This bitter, angry, manipulative, diseased and yes Recovered; Alcoholic, is; and can be; guilty of so many, many things in this lifetime but He will never be guilty of walking out on love and relationship. There have and will continue to be "Ed's" and "Your girlfriends" in all of our lives. Yet I know this of myself and hope & pray this for each of you. My Door Is Always Open. I've yet to quit on any relationship. Remember that cute little cartoon form our youth ... "Love Is..."? It really is friends, It does not end, it does not begin, it does not conquer or dominate, it does not scream or yell, it does not berate or belittle it may be a decision we need to "re'commit" to every now and again but know this; of all things we encounter each and every day, for all the dollars made, all of the accounts closed and balanced, for all the scores settled, when you walk out of the bathroom this morning, or maybe after you've brushed your teeth tonight, and you've gone ahead and stunk that bathroom up as bad as you ever imagined. It's suddenly become obvious to you that maybe your not feeling as well as you've lied yourself into believing ... your teeth are clean, but the stench coming out of that bathroom tells you, your insides are anything but, if you can't stumble over to the couch and fall into the arms of someone who understands and will Never, Ever judge you ... well you make that decision. I'll be here on the couch, with my arms wide, and painfully empty, waiting, no ... Longing, to hold you ... Love, S.

No comments:

- A Little More About, "Who Am I? ...

- All my other stuff ...