Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

- A New Day Dawns ...


Cast your opinions and judgmental glances,
surely you'll raise my ire.
My conviction will stand still, upright and proud.
I've met Him, the man, the historic figure,
I know Him, a personal friend one might say.
You frown at my appearance.

Shallow is a word that barely describes your ignorance,
I would be led to say, depth less, shoal.
Your bitterness suckles, you nurse it, gently.
Blinded by anger and age old resentment,
you talk endlessly of my past,
barely knowledgeable of my present, missing the limitless love I tend for you.
Speak hatefully, endlessly, of my misdeeds;
bark yourself hoarse to anyone who may lend you an ear,
surely you'll raise my ire.
The day will not arrive, when finally you've
quenched my deepest desire to shower love upon you.
I've met each Man, I grow more knowledgeable each day.
It is in their histories I grow strong, In their teaching
I garner wisdom. Of yesterdays folly, I seek freedom,
that this new generation takes a far better path.

Maybe this day, your eyes will open
I seek no converts, there is no baptism awaiting you here,
My arms wait only, to hold a sister, dearly.

Love, S.

No comments:

- A Little More About, "Who Am I? ...

- All my other stuff ...