Popular Posts

Sunday, February 17, 2008

- Humbly; Quoting the Masters ...


- I wake this morning, feeling like I'm on the downside of a long uphill journey. Not quite home yet, but painfully on the winning side. Since "Superbowl Sunday". our little family has been generously sharing the "Strep" virus amongst each other. Dad got his dose this past week. Isn't it funny how a dose of Antibiotic will bring things out like white on rice?! Feeling a little defeated this week, I attended an assessment for my back issues at a Regional Evaluation Center ((REC)) in London, On. I must note that the gentleman there were very decent. While they both assured us that Surgery does not seem likely in my case, the best the doctor could suggest was a return to the place I was at; on or about, the day of the most recent injury in Oct. I can tell you here, that was not a "Good Place". Better than right now, but at best I would live with limited; bending, lifting, twisting, or prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
I'm reminded of a powerful piece of wit I'ld like to quote here; If I may be so bold ...

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself

- Self Pity; D.H. Lawrence ...

- Powerful words, from an obviously inspired thinker.

- I got in a Thirty Minute sittng this past week, think the Buddah would be happy for me ???

Love, S.

No comments:

- A Little More About, "Who Am I? ...

- All my other stuff ...