Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

- Thank God, I'm A Dad ...


- Wow, it's late! It occurred to me that I didn't journal on my last day at Grade Expectations. Turns, out it wasn't my last day there anyway! My "last" day I ended up filling out my exit survey and sharing my Math final with everyone. Those young people truly affected me. I learned so much about myself, how lazy I can be, how I can still avoid work, like a plaque. Most importantly, I learned about that old "victim", lying in wait just under the surface. He is a Master of control, and manipulation. He uses guilt, like the Cake Boss, uses icing. It is a hard, embarrassing lesson, but truth I need, desperately to embrace, I'm acutely aware, that if I fail to get these issues under wraps, I will certainly fail at the opportunities that lie ahead. I am so excited to do God's work here, and what an unbelievable chance to do just that very thing.

So, to Trish, Pauline, Karen, Georgia, Chad, Mike, Julie, and the many staff, & students who weren't afraid of truth, I say, "thank you". To Shannon, & Kendra, I offer my sincerest, heartfelt apologies, for any uncomfortable moments, for any awkward confrontation, and to you, I offer my biggest Thanks, and heartfelt appreciation for all you've done, and continue to do.

I've watched facebook, not all of my weekend was spent in front of the "Trek Marathon"! I noticed how many parents were so excited to be sending kids off, while I recognize the sense of jest, I have to wonder, how little appreciation is out there for the gift of parenting. I've spent this last year, running from London, to St.Thomas, & back, on the average, of 4 times weekly. Between, school, my pardon, & registration at King's, it goes without saying, that much has been accomplished! Yet, I found myself with 13 days left to call, "My Summer". When we've typically had weekends, camped out, in Grampa's backyard, weekend trips to see family, or late movie nights, this summer has truly, passed me by! I know, I'll miss my kids as they head back. This year I'll look forward to Joey's grade 8yr. (he'll be looking at high school!), Josh's grade 10yr. (he'll be wanting his driver's lic. next summer!), Jack's grade 6yr. (he'll be choosing his instrument this year!).

My bottom line is how time moves so fast, it's over before we know it. While so many are all to happy to see them going, I'll be looking forward to them getting home, as I look forward, I see, that they leave far too soon, this world eats them up so quickly, relationships, are gone before we've really had a chance to explore them. Take time to let them piss you off, take time to learn from them, and give them forgiveness, take time to mend a broken heart, bandage a scuffed knee. Revel in those frustrating moments, they're over far too quickly! Take time to tell them how much you've appreciated the time you've shared, and make memories to last a lifetime.

- Time is an angry whore, desperate for her payment ... (S.Gaudette/03/07/08)

Thanks to all who continue to offer love and support, your time and encouragement, it means so very much

Love, S.


No comments:

- A Little More About, "Who Am I? ...

- All my other stuff ...