Popular Posts

Thursday, February 7, 2008

- Written February 07 / 2008 ...




- Have you ever gone hungry? Do you know that angry, rageful pain? It does not go away, nor it's reminder abate.



- Have you ever longed for quench to your thirst? Has your palate, your tongue been so dry as to invoke thoughts best left unstated? It does not leave, it's memory an unwanted tattoo.




- Have you screamed yourself hoarse at the heavens; bitter and ravenous; if only to be assured your children sleep with full bellies?


- We take joy only in the fact that they belch, and flatulate, content in their fullness and dreaming of birthdays, presents and games won.




- Headaches you've always known the cure for, cravings you fall sleeplessly on. Water might help, certainly soda crackers would provide some taste of salt.


- It is impossible to ever be rid of this knowledge, it is a glaring, visible piercing that will never close.




- Hunger is vengeful and needy. A wanting whore; demanding payment for pleasures yet provided.




- I've felt hunger, those who know will read it here...




- I've attempted rest, assured only by the knowledge that our children sleep, belching under bed sheets; with their flatulence, content and full.




- I know the desire to parent, to turn inward and seek pleasure in providing. Going without so as to feel complete within.


- I am thankful that my prayers have been answered,




- I am a father; and, I am a husband,




- I have gone hungry...

No comments:

- A Little More About, "Who Am I? ...

- All my other stuff ...